Keep ActiveOne of the reason's I wanted to start this blog is when I have looked for inspiration on the internet, sometimes the information around healthy eating and exercise seems to be extreme. For me, wellbeing is reachable to every one and can be achieved without military style exercise and diet plans. Exercise and healthy eating work together to help with weight control and weight lose. There is one simple rule to follow if you want to lose weight.....
Eat Less...Move More
If you are not doing any exercise at the moment or want some inspiration... start 'WALKING', its free, its fun, and it gets you out and about.
Health Benefits of Walking
- Improves your mood.
- Helps you keep your weight down.
- Helps you sleep.
- Can help combat health conditions and lower your risk of disease.
- Tones your legs, bums and tums.
- Keeps you supple.
- It can help you reduce stress.
- It can help you improve your balance.
- It gives you a chance to think, a kind of meditation.
- Plan a route and go for it. (Be mindful of personal safety)
- Take a bus somewhere and walk back.
- Go for a walk in your local country park, forest, or green space. Take children on a nature trail, the 'National Trust' (Uk) has great idea's and inspiration of where to get out and about.
- Take a day trip to your nearest coast line and go for a walk along the front and pier.
- Leave the car whenever possible, think of the petrol and environmental savings!
- Take your iPod and listen to your favourite music.
- Check out 'Change4life' for more walking idea's.
My favourite walk this week was walking down Southend Pier, beautiful views out to sea and sunshine! Best of all the two mile walk there and back burnt around 200 kcals and it was a pleasure.
If you need professional advice or are going to change your exercise plan radically go and speak to your GP or health professional.