Saturday, 18 July 2015

Confidence

 

 

Thoughts about confidence have touched my life this week, and on my own journey of self progression I thought I would research how to be more confident. Not just for myself but to filter down through to my children.

 

Definition of Confidence


Confidence can be a self-fulfilling prophecy as those without it may fail or not try because they lack it and those with it may succeed because they have it rather than because of an innate ability. (Quote from Wikipedia.)

 

My own personal views on confidence are; I do not admire (at all) over confident people. I admire kind, positive people (with action), and I aspire to be quietly confident.


Becoming Quietly Confident


To me being quietly confident means having an inner belief in yourself... Now how to get that belief...


  • Except you are who you are. Differing personalities are what make up the spice to life, think about yours... except it and celebrate the qualities. Don't try to change... just be yourself.

 

  • It is ok to fail. Failure enables us to grow as a person, by failing we are at our most susceptible moment to learn. Learn from them mistakes.

 


  • Try. This is one of my favourite words. Keep trying, without a starting point to anything we go nowhere.

 


 




  • Talk less and listen more. By doing this you will realise that people around you all have their own issues and problems. We all have our own hang up's, imperfections and different ways of working or doing things.  Realise nobody is perfect, everybody has good and bad days, and we all make mistakes because we are human. 

 


  • Know yourself, know your value and know your skills. If you want to up your game, then gain education, ask for help; Increase your own knowledge - ask and learn.

 


  • Fake it... if you have to. If you are not feeling confident... pretend. Nobody knows your feelings, unless you outwardly show it (body language) or speak it. Walk tall, sit up straight, dress in your favourite (appropriate for the situation) clothes, be prepared as you can be, on time, and do what you say. Don't tell people your weaknesses.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

For more tips on increasing confidence I came across this little freebie kindle download from Amazon.

Self Confidence - 52 Proven Ways to Gain Self Confidence by Andy C.E. Brown.